All over Facebook people have been posting daily thanks. I got on board at the beginning, but sadly wasn’t very consistent. It isn’t that I couldn’t find something to be thankful for, actually quite the opposite, I have a lot to be thankful for. But travel, work and just life distracted me and I…well, I forgot.
So today, the day before thanksgiving, I am going to list my 28 thank yous all at once and not in any particular order.
28. A day of family, friends, food and football!
27. My beloved Team Tough Chik! Without these women, I would not be the woman, athlete, business owner that I am today. They inspire, motivate and support me in a way that no other group have people have ever accomplished. I could really go on and on but I will not bore you. These ladies know how special they are and how amazing this group is.
26. Fresh drinking water. This is something that we take advantage of, but don’t realize what your life would be like without some as simple as clean water.
25. Pumpkin flavored anything. I love it. I stock up on Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter during October and November so I can eat it year round. Yes, I literally buy 4-6 jars at a time. Don’t judge.
24. My amazing Mother! My Mom is the bomb, she is not only a fantastic Mother, but my best friend, mentor, confidant and the best role model a gal can ask for. She is caring and fair, loving and determined, smart and silly and above all, she is my Mom. She has taught me how to be a wife, friend, sister and woman. Love you ma mere!
23. Apples – I really, really love apples. I eat 2-3 a day.
22. Music – specifically running music. My running friends know what I am talking about. The music with the right beat, that is fast enough to run to but not annoying that you can only listen to it once or twice. For me it is almost every P!NK song. That woman has been with me on hundreds of miles of running!
21. My mutt, Cosmo. He is my true love, Marc knows and he is okay with it. Cosmo and I *may* be co-dependent and I am okay with that!
20. DVR – There are some great TV shows after my bed time and DVR makes viewing them possible and without commercials. Win-Win.
19. My health. Every day that I wake up and I have the option of running, cycling, swimming, etc is a gift. I do not take for granted my health and the fact that I can move my body. This is a biggie.
18. Football. You might think that this is silly, but there are people in my life that share my love for football and that might be the only thing we have in common. This sport or game is something that ties us together, gives us something to discuss, keeps us in each others lives.
17. My Bestie, Molly. She and I have been through a lot in the time we have know each other. She is one of the most amazing women that I know, and I am SO VERY LUCKY to have her in my life. I can only wish that everyone has a Molly is their life.
16. Education – again, something that most of us take advantage. I was fortunate to be able to go to good public schools and have the opportunity to go on to college. It wasn’t given to me, I had to earn it. I worked my way through school and that work ethic has been one of the most important lessons in my life.
15. Angela Meyers – Without her, there would be no Team Tough Chik! Thanks PIC!
14. I am thankful for the joker who fired me 4 years ago! When that door closed, the whole world opened up.
13. I am thankful (as I am every minute of every day) for my best friend, biggest cheerleader, life coach, business partner and love of my life, Marc Carson. He is an amazing person, smart, handsome and a damn good cyclist. He is my rock! He won’t read this, but he knows how much I love and appreciate him.
12. Cycling, this sport has taught me so much! It has taught me patience, sportsmanship, persistence and humility. I have made friends and found sisters through the bike. I have broken bones and ended up in the ER through the bike. It is my sanctuary and group therapy.
11. Trainer Ali – She taught me how to swim, she became my friend, she is a role model not only in sport, but in life. Ali is a remarkable athlete and woman. Love you Ali!
10. Virginia – Who pushes (and pulls) me through some amazing rides. We may be the same person, but she is the better cyclist and my motivation to work harder on the bike.
9. My kitties – the patience that they teach me and continue to teach me is invaluable. LOL
8. Travis Renick Art Attack. He is the most talented and modest person I know. His artistic talent is enviable and he created my chicken riding a bike! His work can been seen on cyclists all over the world! LOL Love you bro!
7. I am thankful for everyone who believed in me. Without their faith in me, I would not have been able to chase my dreams.
6. Triathlon – a sport that has truly changed my life and quite possibly created a monster.
5. Today I am thankful for my legs. They take a lot of abuse and still get up every morning and take on more. They have taken me across many finish lines and we ain’t stopping any time soon.
4. The little people, that sounds derogatory, but I say it with nothing but love. There are people along the way that have helped Tough Chik become the business that it is today. Some have moved on and some are still with me, but they have been instrumental in the growth and development to my company in ways they may never know. Thank you Jen, Tonia, Amanda, Angela, Molly, Maria, Patrick, Mike, Joey and many others.
3. My stubborn nature. I am stubborn and without that tenaciousness, I would not ride a bike, own a company or end up in PT. Ya’ll know what I mean!
2. Wine, enough said.
1. You! Yep, I am thankful for my readers, my followers, my evangelist and the Toughies who are helping me spread the good word. To get women out and active! THANK YOU!
Happy Turkey Day!