On Friday I was delighted to see that I had been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger award. The ever lovely, uber-blogger Amanda at Too Tall Fritz bestowed the honor on to me and with honor comes responsibility, so here it goes!
The idea behind the Beautiful Blogger Award is to recognize some of the blogger we read for their hard work and inspiration.
Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post. (check)
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (check)
Tell 7 things about yourself. (check)
Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know. (check)
Hmmm 7 things about myself that you don’t already know…that is a TOUGH one!
1) In 10 days I will be on my way to Lake Huron, MI to see my family and I am so very excited! It has been almost a year since I have seen my Mom and even longer since I have seen my Grandparents. The 2 Tough Old Birds and the Tough Chik will be reunited and it feels so good!
2) I don’t have a race on the calendar and my training is all over the place. My running is suffering. I am cycling a lot and swimming a couple times a week but only running once a week. I need to get back on a schedule.
3) I am very excite THE tour is starting this weekend. If you don’t know THE tour, it is the Tour de France and it is epic. My team is TEAM GARMIN-BARRACUDA and I have a teeny weeny crush on sprinter Tyler Farrar. He is on the hunt and I hope he can beat out “the world’s fastest man in cycling”, Mark Cavendish.
4) I have been drastically reducing my dairy intake and I am working to a plant based diet. I have been a vegetarian for over 6 years and never really cared for eggs and milk, so that was easy. Cheese on the other hand has been a little more difficult and eating out can be hard, you don’t know if they put butter on the veggies, etc. And I can’t turn away a cookie on occasion, but I would say I am 90% Vegan, 100% Vegetarian and I feel great. I use to get protein from Greek yogurt and cottage cheese, so I am having a little issue with protein, but that just means I need to pay a little more attention to what I am eating. Watch Forks over Knives and you too might reduce animal products in your diet.
5) I found this article on “Being Chicked” very interesting. I won’t tell you my stance, because I try to say neutral, but it really brought to light some interesting ideas. Read it!
6) I am kind of twitter illiterate, but I am trying!! Tweet me @tough_chik
7) I am having a hard time coming up with a #7. So here are the basics…I am a 35 YO married gal with a dog and 2 cats. I love long bike rides and sunsets…
Here are my 7 bloggers:
1) Trinity @ HipFitFam
2) Molly @ mollyritterbeck.com
3) Tonya @ tee2run.blogspot.com
4) Taryn @ taryn-in-crazyland.blogspot.com
5) Melissa @ themelissachronicles.blogspot.com
6) Joelle @ alwayskissmegoodnightjec.blogspot.com/
7) Martha @ mllrungirl.wordpress.com/
AND FOR GOOD MEASURE
8) Kasey @ bombletquilts.blogspot.com