On location

17 Nov

Tough Chik is on location at the El Tour de Tucson Expo in, you guessed it, Tucson, AZ,  Today, Thursday, is day 2 of the expo and tomorrow the expo will conclude at 9 PM.  Yeah, 10 – 9 tomorrow and THEN tear down.  It is going to be a long day to say the least.

I have been traveling a lot lately and my training, diet and physique have suffered greatly.  This is my last scheduled expo of the year and I am really looking forward to getting back on track.  I thrive on routine and traveling makes it very difficult to have a steady routine.  Plus I am surrounded by all these healthy active people and I feel like a slob, but I will get back!

Back to the expo…it is really funny to see the reactions of people to my brand.  I get many different responses, but here are the most common ones.

– “Tough Chik, I LOVE IT!!  Hey, Jenny get over here you HAVE to see this”

– “What makes you such a Tough Chik, you look pretty normal to me…”

– Husband to wife, “Hey, Jane look at this” Jane rolls her eyes and walks off.

– “This is so cute, what a great idea!”

Across the board, from over joyous love to well, disgust.  But that is okay with me.  I learned a long time ago that my brand/message/company isn’t for everybody and I am cool with that.  The thing is 90% of the time it is positive and I can’t be consumed with the other 10%.  You aren’t going to please everyone, so I just do what I love and hope you love it too!  Yesterday I had a lady jump with joy and clapping at her new no-sleeve Tough Chik jersey.  She was thanking me over and over for selling her a jersey.  It was GREAT!

I really think that is a good way to look at life.  90% of the time you will find positive people to bring you joy and 10% of the time you will find the “rain on your parade” crowd.  You can’t be bothered with the 10%.  Do what you love, what you think is right because at the end of the day you have to live with yourself.

Wow, this post when all over the place.  Sorry 😉

Advertisements

2 Responses to “On location”

  1. Mandy November 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

    So fun to see the great reactions to your awesome goods!

  2. fullhousefullhandsfullheartsErin November 17, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

    Definitely don’t let the 10% bother you! You are awesome and I love Tough Chik and what you stand for.

    And I can’t WAIT to get my jersey. I am so excited it isn’t pink. I love being a girl but get so tired of pink pink pink for girls running.

    Have fun at the expo!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: